We finally get to send some sunny, warm (64 degrees) greetings from Hamburg, Germany!
We are just two days away from receiving five students from the Calvary Chapel Bible College in Vajta, Hungary and one friend of ours from Marshall, Minnesota.They will be joining us from April 19-28, 2013. This will be our first Prayer Tour/Outreach that we will be hosting and as you can imagine, we are quite excited. Since the beginning of this month we have definitely been facing different types of spiritual warfare, some of which we have never faced before. Through this, we have sought to draw near to Jesus and to ask Him for His help. We know that it is His grace that is enabling us to continue on. We do not claim to be perfect in this, but still growing.
We would ask you to please join in with us as we seek to push the enemy back, through prayer, and seek to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Hamburg. Here a some specific ways that you can be praying:
- Team Members – this can help you pray for us by name
- Roper Family – Joey, Rebecca, Katie, Aliyah, & Noah
- CCBC Students – Vanessa, Hajni, Brittni, Erik, & Aaron
- Friend from Minnesota – Annie
- Safety in Travels
- Daily filling of the Holy Spirit
- Good Weather – this is really important
- Unity in the Spirit
- Daily Strength and Perseverance
- For the Lord to be speaking clearly to us through His Word
- Compassion for the lost
- For the Lord to teach us how to pray for Hamburg
We also want to share with you our daily schedule so that can help you in your prayers as well. As you look over the schedule, you will see different names of locations and city quarters here in Hamburg that we will be going to throughout our time together. This schedule is simply something that we have prepared and we will be asking the Lord to direct our steps on a daily basis.
Thank you very much for your prayers!
Love in Christ,
The Roper Family