Nepal Update and Prayer Request

Today was a day full of ups and downs, frustrations and joys. We started our day out with worship and the word at our daily team devotions. My daughter Heather led in worship and the Lord had me share from Philippians 1.

1 Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops[fn]and deacons:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
Since first going to the village of Swara, God has given me and my family a love for the people. For Carol and the girls, it’s a love for people they have never even met. For me, it was their openness to the Gospel and humility to see their need for a savior. We, as well as many of you have been praying for them. My time and Swara a few weeks ago is a time I remember with great joy and thankfulness for allowing me to be a part of His work. I am confident that no matter what happens in the coming week that God is the one who sent us to Swara. He moved upon their hearts and He will finish His work. Whether I ever go there again or not.

Little did I know how apropos that statement would be. After devotions we went down to confirm our helicopter flights for this weekend and for next week when the rest of the team comes in. We found out that we were confirmed for this weekend but that we had been bumped from our spots for next week. This was crushing for how were we to get our team into Swara. The government had cut them back by 40% and combined with rain delays they had a one week backlog of flights. There were very apologetic but there was nothing they could do. Now what? We went to the van and all prayed together for God’s direction. Right across the street from where we were was the office of UNHAS. United Nations Humanitarian Air Service. We had filled out paperwork to try and fly with them but had not heard back so we decided to just pop into their offices. To make a long store short, it now looks like we will be able to fly in on a UN helicopter to Swara. This is very tentative so please be in prayer that we will be approved to fly and that we will find out quickly. They are telling us that we won’t know for sure until 24 hours before our flight time but it would be great to know ahead of time.

The rest of the day was spent in procuring the last of our team supplies and equipment. Pray for all the logistics that have to be completed. We topped the evening off with a wonderful Nepali dinner with the country director of Promise Child. Pray that myself and the team will be flexible and open to God’s leaning if he closes this door.

Pastor Gary

Sent from my iPad

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: