[Mat 11:28-30 NKJV] 28 “Come to Me, all [you] who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 “For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
Dear Prayer Warriors and Fellow Laborers,
Today marks the start of the Calvary Chapel East Africa Senior Pastors and Wives Conference. What a joy it is to be here on Ugandan soil once again to fellowship with our brothers and sisters on the front lines of the battle. I know if things are as they were last year that for most if not all of these men and women they have been very busy about the work of the ministry. Most if not all of them work full-time jobs, have full ministries and families. They minister in remote areas some in the midst of persecution and under the threat of death. Obviously this takes a toll on you. I believe the Lord’s heart for them is to call them aside to himself and give them a time of rest and refreshment.
The theme of our retreat is “Faithful Love” and we are talking about being faithful stewards of that which God has entrusted to us. This is not a performance based stewardship but a response to the love that the Lord showers upon us and has given us as pastors to share with His people. Culturally it is hard to be a Christian and especially a Christian husband here. Women are treated as nothing more than property and when a man shows too much attention to his wife he is considered to be weak and less than a man. He is often accused of letting his wife rule over him. Even within the church they fight culture and need to be reminded (as we all do) that a husband is called to love his wife the way Christ loves the church.
1. Please pray for us as we lead this retreat and encourage the couples here to spend time nurturing their relationship with the Lord and each other.
2. Pray that we will be able to effectively communicate God’s love and heart for them.
3. Pray that they will have ears to hear and hearts that are ready and willing to respond.
4. Pray that the couples will leave here refreshed.
5. Pray for our team’s physical health. Most of the team came facing physical challenges and stepped out in faith to be here despite them. We are all doing well but pray that God will continue to strengthen and uphold us.
Thank you all for your prayers. We feel them and are so appreciative of all of you that battle on your knees on our behalf.
Pastor Gary and Carol
Pastor Gary Kusunoki
Calvary Chapel of San Juan Capistrano
31612 El Camino Real
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Office Phone: +1(949)443-2572