This is our first team member prayer Update from Elizabeth Kusunoki:
“Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.” Psalms 37:4-5
For as long as I can remember, it has been my desire to work as a medical personnel in the mission field, specifically Uganda. Since I was around 9 years old, I have wanted to be a nurse. As of August 19, I now have my Bachelors of Science in Nursing, and NOW 12 days later I am going on a medical mission’s trip to Uganda, Africa. My dream is literally coming true. God is so good and faithful. This has been something that has always seemed so far off; I never really thought it would come to pass, but now it is here. I am so excited to see how God will use me and the skills He has given me for His glory! Philippians 1:6, “He who began a good work in me, will bring it to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.” He finished one good work in me, and now has begun a new one. I will continue trusting, delighting myself in Him, and committing my way to Him, and I know He will continue to be faithful to me.
- My biggest prayer request is for a teaching I will be doing for the medical staff. This is definitely not a comfort area for me, but I am trusting the Lord and know He will equip me!
- Please be in prayer for our team as we check in and have a lot of travel ahead of us.
- Please pray for unity and flexibility. Pray for servants’ hearts!
- Pray for all the 63 bags of personal items and also team supplies to make it to Uganda safely.
- Pray for divine opportunities even now to share God’s Word with others. May we be an example of His love!
- Pray for the hearts of the people we will be ministering to, that God would begin softening them and preparing them for His gospel!
Thank you in advance for partnering with us in prayer! I will do my best to keep you updated, personally, here, but also you can follow ccsjcmissions.com for team updates.