Hebrews 6:18-19 (KJV) 18 That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: 19 Which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
As we make our way over to what was once called the “Dark Continent” (Africa) I am reminded of those who have gone before. Men and women who braved not just hours of travel but months of danger and disease all to share in the hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They risked it all to bring hope to the hopeless. Some paid the ultimate price others endured years of separation from family and friends. Jonathan Livingstone did it all for one convert. Yet I know that he would never have said that it wasn’t worth it. How could we hold back from the one who has held nothing back from us?God gave his one and only son to die for us. What worth is inconvenience, danger or even death in comparison to that? The death I speak is not necessarily a physical death but a spiritual one. Death to self, to our own dreams, desires and plans. All to share the Hope of Jesus with the hopeless.
So as in times past we weigh anchor not knowing what lies ahead. That doesn’t matter as we have the assurance of who holds the anchor to our heart and soul. It is Jesus!
Pray for our team as we travel to Uganda and South Sudan in these next few weeks.
1. Pray for traveling mercies.
2. For God’s divine hand of protection and guidance.
3. Pray for us to have a sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit. 4. Pray for the Holy Spirit to give us the boldness to be His witnesses.
5. Pray for favor with the customs and immigration officials in the countries we visit. 6. Pray that our team will remain unified and humble before the Lord. 7. Pray for God to prepare the hearts of those we will be sharing with.
8. Pray that we will be able to encourage the church of Jesus Christ here in Uganda and South Sudan. 9. Pray for enduring fruit and souls to be brought into the kingdom. 10. Let the Word of God have its perfect work in the hearts of those who hear.
One final word. If today you feel hopeless and lost won’t you turn to Jesus right now? Look to Him the author and finisher of our faith. He promises to hear and to hold you in His hand. He promises to cleanse you from sin, to bring you from darkness to light, from loneliness into the family of God and He who promises is faithful.
Pastor Gary I Kusunoki
Calvary Chapel San Juan Capistrano
31612 El Camino Real
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675