Elijah and I wanted to give you an update since all of you have been part of our journey. We have landed in Osaka, Japan. 3 yr Visa!
Abide Calvary Church is a hidden gem! It is located in Southern Osaka also known as Japan’s kitchen. The Pastor finds ways to do outreach weekly by hosting a game night at church for the Japanese men and women to practice their English while studying the Bible. It’s really genius! Can’t wait to tell you more about it.
Please pray for us as we have applied for an apartment near the church but have not received approval yet. It’s within our budget and resides just 10 min from the church.
Blessings to you all! We will be in touch,
Pastor Gary I KusunokiCalvary Chapel San Juan Capistrano
31612 El Camino Real
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
We want to give praise to God for allowing our Visas to be approved two days before flying out. We booked our ticket months ago without knowing exactly the time of approval.
Prayer request for traveling mercies. We are off to Japan to start our journey, 9 hours of flying. The airline restricted us with our luggage so we are down to 3 check ins and a guitar. The housing inside the church is not possible. So we have submitted another application for another apartment nearby. Pray that we get settled in quickly.
Thank you for praying for our time in Israel. We assisted 763 Holocaust survivors and elderly people to receive eyeglasses in 15 days of distribution.
Around 33 people prayed to follow Jesus. We are so thankful to see people more receptive to the Lord.
Pray for those who made commitments to grow in their faith.
Pray for people to read and understand the books that we gave out.
Pray for Jamie, Marta’s daughter, she flying today in an unexpected trip to Puerto Rico. Her grandma, Angela, is 93 and was just sent home from the hospital with the expectation that she will die soon.
Angela and most of that side of the family are not believers.
Marta and I are traveling to CC Morro Bay to meet the outreach group who are coming to serve in Israel in November.
Cal & Jessie Stubners (Managua, Nicaragua)-
Cal & Jessie:
- Please pray for Jessie as she will be on a leadership retreat this week with some of her students. She would like God’s guidance for two sessions she will be leading, and she also would like for the students to be tremendously impacted by the love of Jesus
- Please pray for Cal to have wisdom as he leads and as he teaches through the books of Revelation (on Sundays) and Ecclesiastes (on Wednesdays), and as he makes decisions
- As always, please pray for our health and marriage to stay strong. There is still a dengue fever epidemic in the country. Jessie has had students out sick, and there have also been people in the neighborhood who’ve gotten sick.
For the church:
- Please pray for Bismark, one of the older gentlemen in our congregation. He is normally our best evangelist, but he has been struggling with depression and hasn’t wanted to go anywhere the last two weeks.
- Please pray for Emily, one of our youth who normally sings with our worship team. She has been struggling with her classes, and because her grades dropped, she’s needed to stop working with the worship team for a bit to focus on her studies.
- Please pray for one of our transformers to be fixed. Our power has been bad for several weeks now, and we keep calling the electric company, but so far nothing has been done.
- Please pray for our staff members as they adjust to two new large dogs that we adopted from a family that was returning to the States. They are kind of afraid of the dogs (both Rottweilers), which makes accessing the building and the vehicles a little more difficult.
- As always, please pray for the school to be a place where the love of God shines bright. Also, please pray for Ester, one of our 3rd grade students who might need eye surgery.